Tuesday, October 23

one & ten

With the release of Radiohead's new album there has been some speculation that In Rainbows is actually a companion/complimentary album to OK Computer. A grand scheme ten years in the making, realized on October tenth (10/10). So, apparently you're supposed to make a play list combining the two albums like so:

1. Airbag
2. 15 Step
3. Paranoid Android
4. Bodysnatchers
5. Subterranean Homesick Alien
6. Nude
7. Exit Music
8. Weird Fishes
9. Let Down
10. All I Need
11. Karma Police
12. Fitter Happier
13. Faust Arp
14. Electioneering
15. Reckoner
16. Climbing Up the Walls
17. House of Cards
18. No Surprises
19. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
20. Lucky
21. Videotape
22. The Tourist

Well, there you have it. Happy listening/walking/living.

5 comments:

chinlingo said...

I tried playing the intro/outros of each song to get the connection. I didn't really hear anything that sounded deliberate.
I'll admit I didn't give it a thorough listen and check out the lyrics. Could be true, but my Ipod seems to cook up better transitions on shuffle.

Koichi Nakai said...

youngsun hyung... uhhh... is radio head like talking heads?

Kenji Nakai said...

yah heard?

chinlingo said...

Okay... so I spent all my car time this weekend listening to that playlist.
Intentional or not, it's amazing.
No other Radiohead album uses textures, production and melody so compatible with OK Computer.
Splicing the albums together seemed to enhance both of them. In Rainbow tracks' subtlety and passivity lent breathing room to the emotionally denser OK Computer material.
And the lyrical continuity is noteworthy. I thought "Faust Arp" following "Fitter Happier" was brilliant.
Like I said, intentional or not, it's a damn sweet combination.

kazu said...

i still need to get "in rainbows"...